Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sick In Texas

So let me start out with the plane ride. It was pure Hell. That would be my definition of the place, being in a plane with it packed with people, stuffy that you get so nauseated just waiting for the plane to take off. The plane was completely full and for some reason they had Maddi and I in separate rows. My parents however were seated next to each other. Maddi and I both had middle seats, so trying to get someone to switch us was going to be short of miracle. I took my parents seat and put McKay's car seat and him in it. That's when the screaming started. We hadn't even taken off yet and it had already started. I just wanted to cry with him. Do I really want to do this as I sat there listening to him and Maddi screaming. If anyone knows my kids they know they don't have quite voices. My dad came back and took McKay and held him until the plane took off. Well my dad ask the man next to me if he wouldn't mind switching seats with my mom so she and Maddi could sit with me, and of course when he found out it was a middle seat he said no. I don't blame him who wants to be in the middle especially when the plane was as packed as it was. It was at that time I called Graham and started to go off and how this was going to be a nightmare and when he gets to Texas he is going to give me the longest back massage and serve me hand and foot, well I think the guy next to me felt bad and said he would switch us seats. The plane finally takes off and we are in the air, McKay fell asleep thank goodness. However I had another child that become Satan's child as soon as the plane took off. She didn't want to sit in her seat and she screamed and throw the biggest fit, nothing would entertain her, she would not watch her movies we bought new toys and coloring things for her nothing worked. I wanted to scream and tell her if she doesn't calm down I will beat her but of course I was only thinking that. I just let my mom deal with her while I tried to read. I am sure that guy didn't mind seating in that middle seat, too bad I couldn't switch him. Well we had a lay over in Denver and that actually was really good for the kids to get out and let them run around for a bit. We made it to Texas half awake. The next morning I felt so sick, I had a sore throat and an ear ache and just felt nauseated all day. McKay also felt so sick. He kept throwing up all morning. I could tell that this was going to be a long weekend. Luckily for me my parents watched my kids and Graham finally came in that evening. So all I had to do was rest. The next day we went downtown to the River walk which was actually very fun but we were out in the hot sun and very exhausted. We decided to eat on the River Walk. They had so many restaurants to choose from. We unfortunately picked one that would that would eventually leave four of us with food poison. My Dad, my sister, my mom and my brother all felt sick and were up through the night taking turn in the bathroom. We were going to go to Sea World today I don't know if any one will be up for it, expect for Graham and I and our kids, I think maybe my mom might go but we will see. Texas has not been exactly treating us well here. Hopefully everyone will feel better soon.

12 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh I am so sorry I am so sick for you - reading that is starting to make me feel sick! SERIOUSLY!!!

Suzi said...

That is pure awful! I can only imagine how crappy your trip has gone. I sure hope you all feel better soon and try to have a good time!

deannegalloway said...

Oh Ang, I hope it gets better. You're a trooper and you'll have one for the memory book. I hope you all feel better soon and that the ride back is so much better!

Lynne said...

Good grief, Angie! How awful that all sounds. The only thing I can compare it to is my worst flight ever coming home from Florida with 2 year old Cameron who screamed the entire time, with everyone trying to ask the flight attendants for somewhere else, ANYWHERE ELSE, to sit -- in a full plane. Hope you are all getting over your sicknesses. Poor McKay's been sick for a long time. Love, Lynne

The Farrell Family said...

That just sucks Ang! I hope your trip has a better second half!

jen said...

Geez that really sucks. I hope it's getting better. Your bed and home will feel better than ever! We did the plane thing once when our kids were about your kids ages and we've never been on one since. Good Luck coming home. Too bad you can't buy childrens cough medicine anymore:).

Becky said...

Bummer Ang. That sucks. Makes me think twice about flying home to visit this summer.... Hopefully the rest of your trip goes a little smoother. You got your back massage, I expect?

Scott and Beth said...

Angie, I am so sorry. That doesn't sound like Maddie at all!!! Hopefully it gets better soon!!!

Aim said...

Angie you are making me nervous, I have to take Christian on a plane with me in May. I hope everything goes well and he will be ok. I hope you all are feeling better. Food poisoning is the worst, I hear. I luckily have never had it thank goodness!

Unknown said...

Poor Angie! I am so sorry about everything...you are so lucky that your parents were there to help you, or you might of had a nervous breakdown! I know I would have.

Kathy said...

Ang, you need a girls day out with no kids!!!! You just know you are an amazing mom!! And as for the guy that would not switch seats, I hope he has triplets and he goes with them on a plane to australia and the cry and throw up all 18 hours....then we will see who doesnt want to switch seats!!!

Jamie and Caro said...

That sounds horrible! I was reminded of the time I took the two boys to Argentina (12 hour flight). Never again. But, I have to say they have dramamine for kids and it works wonders!