Friday, April 4, 2008

Day full of Mess

When Maddi was McKay's age she rarely messed up the house or got into anything. I never had to baby proof my home. McKay on the other hand is the complete opposite. I am chasing him all day and cleaning up his mess. First was the kitchen, I wish I would of taken a picture of that. He had got all of my Tupperware, and some pots and mixing bowls out. Spilled syrup all over the floor and rubbed animal crackers in the syrup . While I was cleaning that mess up he came into Maddi's room and took out most of her toys and shoes and whatever he could reach. This room was spotless before he got to it.
Then while I was cleaning her room he had ripe a few of the blinds down.




This boy gets into everything!! It is always a crazy day with him. Is anyone else boy like this or just mine?



19 comments:

Lynne said...

I did know one boy like this, that would be McKay's father! I remember even when he was pre-crawling,he used his little walker thing like a battering ram, and ran over his sister's crayons etc with a huge grin on his face while they squealed and complained to me. He loved making a mess. He's the only child I needed locks on the bathroom cabinets for.

Lynne said...

By the way, it's a great feature, to see McKay starring hin his own show! Love the glimpse into "McKay: His Own Story." Hehe.

Becky said...

I think it's the 2nd child syndrome. My kids are the same way. Isaac never got into anything but always wanted to be entertained. Lexi was always independent but also very curious (messy).

jen said...

I just figured all boys were like that. All of mine are exactly like that. This is why I hide all the toys in boxes in the closet & they can only play with a few at a time. Boys are just messy! If you figure out how to control him- please share.

deannegalloway said...

I am already starting to experience that with Chloe. I think the problem is the oldest child leaves everything out in reach so it's easier for the second one to destroy! Have fun cleaning those messes...feels like all I do some days!

Suzi said...

That is awesome! and yes, Ander is about the same, except i usually catch him pretty quick, the little stinkers!

Tai Christensen said...

So funny! I completely know how you feel! Maya is the same exact way, a one woman wrecking crew! By the time you clean up one room, three others have been destroyed! Priceless pictures :-)

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

I so know how you feel. It is hard to ever keep up with these little guys. But at least Mckay is so stinkin cute!!!!

Maren said...

I just can't believe how FAST it happens. Thirty seconds and the toy box can be emptied and strewn about the house. Crazy.

Molly said...

It only gets worse the older they get!

Tiff said...

really you have seen my toy room! disaster!

The Farrell Family said...

Oh the messes. They drive me crazy too! Bri has recently decided that cleaning up is fun when we all sing the clean up song so the mess factor hasn't been too bad lately. We'll see how long that lasts!

Kallas Family said...

He reminds me of my little Wyatt!! He is adorable!!

The Shumways said...

Hey Girl! It was good seeing you too. Let's for sure do lunch. I'll talk to Steph today and keep ya posted. P.S. I love this post . . . that is so funny!

The James said...

McKay is so dang cute. He's got a lot of energy. Poor Mom having to clean up after him all the time. I love McKay to pieces.

Unknown said...

It's must be more of a boy thing..I don't know I don't have a girl. But my boys have always gotten into everything!

Holland said...

I don't know if I want any boys. Kate can make a disaster that would put that one to shame. I laughed at your comment with the snowmobiles. I think you could do a double back, toe touch with a leap and make the thing look graceful. I would love to be there and watch.

Unknown said...

I love that boy so much!!!

Anja,Benjamin&David said...

Ich kann Dich beruhigen, Benny kann auch nichts unangetastet lassen! Und "Nein" existiert nicht in seinem Wortschatz!